Swell Ultrasound are highly experienced with all prenatal testing requirements. With a preferred model of care for your prenatal screening, Swell are 100% committed to caring for you and your unborn baby.
Below is an outline of the steps taken, some of these steps are variable and optional.
Prior to 10 Weeks
– Confirm viability
– Confirm single or multiple pregnancy
– Exclude ectopic pregnancy
– Determine expected due date (EDD)
10 – 12 weeks
Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) and First Trimester Serology (FTS)
– Viability scan and blood collection, same day
– NIPT samples sent to the lab for cell-free DNA screening of certain chromosome conditions, such as Down syndrome.
– FTS sample sent to lab where markers are provided for common chromosome problems and early severe blood pressure problems (pre-eclampsia)
– Results less than 2 weeks
At Swell Ultrasound nest is our preferred NIPT test, you can read more about nest and NIPT tests here.
12 – 14 Weeks
– Scan to review fetal growth and structures, nuchal translucency measurement and uterine artery blood flow
– Pre-eclampsia risk assessment using clinical, biochemical and ultrasound factors
19 – 20 Weeks
– Scan to assess fetal growth and the more complex structures (such as the brain, heart and kidneys).
– Assess cervical length
– Assess placental location
32 – 36 Weeks
3rd Trimester Scan
– Scan to assess fetal growth and wellbeing, fetal morphology and placental position.